Be My Four-Legged Valentine
Love is in the air as Valentine’s Day draws near. Fancy restaurants are gearing up for a packed house, flower companies are preparing for the busiest day of the year, and people everywhere are pulling out all the stops to plan the perfect night for their Valentine. What if your valentine has four legs and a furry coat, though? Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one who will be celebrating Valentine’s Day with their pet. After all, our relationships with our pets are often one of the greatest examples of unconditional love. Here are some reasons why your pet can make the best Valentine’s Day date.
10 Reasons Why Your Pet Makes the Best Valentine’s Date
1. Cheap Date – Your furry friend doesn’t expect to be wined and dined at the fanciest restaurant in town and doesn’t expect an expensive gift either. Order your favorite takeout, and in lieu of an oversized and overpriced bouquet of flowers, pick up a brand new bag of your pet’s favorite Wellness treats.
2. Dress Code: Comfy – No need to suffer an entire night in an uncomfortable suit or dress, wearing shoes that are your feet’s worst nightmare. Go ahead, grab your softest pair of sweatpants ; your pet is your biggest fan regardless of your outfit.
3. You Call the Shots –Skip the Romantic Comedy vs Action Movie debate this year. Spend this Valentine’s Day with your pet and chances are your furry friend will let you pick the movie and won’t even mock you for wanting to watch The Notebook or Fast and Furious – again.
4. More Chocolate For You – No Valentine’s Day is complete without chocolate, and who likes to share their chocolate? Let me answer that for you – no one. We all know that chocolate can be toxic to your pet, which means more chocolate for you – and you don’t have to feel guilty for not sharing.
5. Pets Don’t Talk – Anyone who has ever been on a really bad date knows why this reason made the list. Why risk it? Spend your Valentine’s Day with your pet, NOT having to endure potentially boring conversation.
6. No Pressure – Valentine’s Day can often come paired with pressure – pressure to plan the perfect date, pressure to pick out the perfect gift, or pressure to look your absolute best. Valentine’s Day with your pet comes paired with no pressure at all. The only request from your pet is quality time spent with you. Well, that and Wellness treats – don’t forget the Wellness treats. It’s only fair if you are going to consume large quantities of chocolate right in front of them.
7. Unconditional Love – Valentine’s Day is meant to be a celebration of love. Our pets spend each and every day loving us unconditionally in a way that only they can do. It seems only fair that we show our appreciation by celebrating this day with our four-legged friends, giving them our full, undivided attention.
8. Easy to Shop for – The struggle can be real when it comes to picking out the perfect Valentine’s gift for your partner. We’ve all been there. Your pet makes it pretty simple, though. You can stop by your local pet supplies store and pick up any of the following great gifts, with confidence that your pet won’t want to return it.
- new toys
- the perfect new collar
- tasty treats
9. Good for your Health – Research has shown that spending time with your pet actually has health benefits. Quality time with your pet can relieve stress as well as lower blood pressure, which are both great reasons to spend Valentine’s Day with your furry friend – doctor’s orders.
10. Did I mention more chocolate for you?
Have we convinced you yet that your pet can make the perfect Valentine’s Day date? If you have a significant other that you can’t bear the thought of leaving out, don’t worry, your pet won’t mind the extra company. And because chocolate can be harmful to your pets, it’s even more chocolate for you.