This year show your pooch just how much you love him by…bringing him to work!
June 25th is Take Your Dog to Work Day. If you are able to celebrate this day with your dog there are 5 important tips to keep in mind.
1. You will need to pack your pet a bag of goodies for the many hours that he will be away from home. A treat such as Wellness® WellBites® Chicken and Lamb Recipe Treats are sure to satisfy your pooch at snack time.
2. Be sure to pack food (such as Wellness® SuperMix® Complete Health Chicken Recipe Dog Food), a water dish and some of his favorite toys to keep him entertained. Each are absolute musts to ensure a great experience for your dog. You may even want to bring a small dog bed or blankets if your dog likes to nap.
3. And don’t forget the leash! Your dog will need frequent trips outside, not only for bathroom breaks, but also for exercise.
4. If your dog is the excitable type, you may want to keep him close by on a tethered leash. This will prevent any inappropriate jumping or over excitedly greeting your coworkers.
5. It goes without saying that an unsocial aggressive or dog aggressive pooch would be best left at home.
Looking to convince your employer to celebrate the holiday? Just cite the calming, stress reducing effect a dog has. Not to mention this fun event can improve company morale. While some occupations you simply may not be able to bring your dog along you can still join in the fun. Bring a photo of your dog to work to show your colleagues, display on your desk, or carry with you.
Wellness Take Your Dog to Work Day: Our Photo Gallery